Our vibrant, growing non-profit is reaching out far and wide with opportunities for people to work with our Student Assistance Program (SAP) Team and our Prevention Team! Current opportunities include the following. Click the Position Title to download the attachments and learn more about each position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled, unless a deadline date is noted on the position announcement. When submitting your resume and cover letter, please indicate the position(s) for which you are applying. **Application instructions vary by posititon, so be sure to carefully follow the correct procedures.**
We look forward to hearing from you!
Independent Contractor/Group Facilitator
The Center for Humanistic Change (CHC) seeks Independent Contractors/Group Facilitators to lead a variety of life skills and different programs for youth and adults in the Lehigh Valley. For a full list of our current programs, please go to http://www.thechc.org/programs/full-program-listing.html.
Our independent contractors deliver services based on their specific professional education, training, and experience, as well as their ability to provide services independently. Key skills include:
• Ability to engage and retain program participants through a variety of educational strategies.
• Knowledge of and experience with interactive/experiential learning models and with managing group dynamics.
• Willingness to serve as a role model for participants, especially concerning behaviors and attitudes that relate to CHC program topics.
• Understanding of and respect for each individual’s rights and differences in learning styles, background, beliefs, and values.
• High standard of professionalism in all aspects of delivering CHC programs.
• Transportation to and from program facilities. If contractor is using own automobile for transportation, contractor must maintain the minimum automobile insurance as required by law.
• Commitment to ongoing cultivation of skills and knowledge in relevant fields, including substance use and other prevention topics, facilitation techniques, child development, child welfare, and current best practices in group dynamics and facilitation.
Please apply to email@example.com.
The Center for Humanistic Change, Inc. seeks part-time staff for our 2017-2018 Crossroads/Project SUCCESS Mentoring program. Staff serves as in-school mentors for youth and provides students who are “at risk” with the supports, prevention education and practical skills they need to build resiliency so they can succeed in school (improve grades and attendance, decrease disciplinary incidents) and cope with challenges in life. Ideal candidates need to demonstrate the ability to work independently and with a team, manage deadlines for paperwork and electronic data entry, and have the ability to relate well to youth and adults to be successful in this position. Excellent judgment, attention to detail, and outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required for this position.
The Crossroads/Project SUCCESS Mentor is expected to work a full school day, of approximately seven hours, with start and end times to be determined based on school needs. All applicants must have reliable transportation and the ability to do light lifting to transport files and other materials as necessary to/from the office and school.
This position is expected to be a part-time seasonal position for 9 months, September through May of the 2017-2018 school year. Depending on school placement, mentors work a minimum of 26 days to a maximum of 104 days (if serving in multiple schools), during this time period. Mentors are also eligible to bid for other programming work with the CHC as an independent contractor if desired.
Applicant must have a Master's Degree in education, psychology, counseling, social work, or a closely related human services field and, have relevant work experience or equivalent formal training. A Bachelor's Degree with related experience may be substituted for a Master's Degree.
Group Interviews and Information Sessions for the position of Contractor/Group Facilitator are held periodically. However, we welcome resumes and inquiries at any time. Sessions will be advertised here, so please check back. If you would like to be notified when these events are scheduled, please sign up for our eNewsletters here.
Important Employment Information
In addition to your current, professional resume, please also complete the downloadable CHC Employment Application.
All about the clearances required to be a part of the CHC Team.