Kemps Foundation Funds Area Billboards
Schyler Kemps became addicted to opioid medications that were prescribed for him when he suffered a back injury. Unable to work unless he could treat his pain, he eventually became addicted to heroin. Schyler died of a heroin overdose in February 2009, one day after leaving a drug rehab center.
Jenny Kemps has created a foundation to honor her son’s memory, and to educate others about the dangers of opioid medications, as well as heroin. Currently, that foundation is funding two billboards, one on I78 W., near Dorney Park, and the other on MacArthur Rd. S. at Schadt Ave. The location of the billboards will change throughout the summer.
Thank you, Jenny, for so generously helping us to spread the word about the dangers of these medications. It’s a wonderful way to remember Schyler.